August 10, 2010

Coolest Idea Ever

There are three main categories I like to look at on craigslist.org: Barter, Free, and Wanted.  Of course, I also take a look at the motorcycles on occasion! So, as I was cruising through some ads on Craigslist.org just a minute ago I was struck with the coolest idea ever.  This guy posted an ad in the Wanted section saying he needs another $5k for in vitro fertilization. He and his wife can’t have kids and won’t be able to save enough money fast enough.  First thought? 

Scam!  You got it.

So, I don’t know if the guy is scamming or not, but I sent him a message anyway. I’ll know soon enough if he’s just going for free cash. If he’s NOT going for free cash, then we might have a cool little project on our hands!

I could trade something(s) bigger and better into "an in vitro fertilization” which I could then trade to this dude for something of value to keep trading. If I could first get a doctor on board to give a discounted in vitro, he’ll get free advertising out of it anyway. It’ll be worth it to him.

(I know … you’re going to call me a hypocrite right now. Not too long ago I did rant about the detrimental impacts of “perceived value” and the advertising industry recently. But I feel in vitro fertilization is a worthy service both to offer and to promote.)

So ... as I was saying before interrupting myself, I first have to find a doc, then find out what he wants, then get what he wants, and then find out how to trade the in vitro to this guy for something of significant value … perhaps something he could buy with his $4k.  Essentially this guy would get a discounted in vitro, and I would get some airtime.

Genius!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment