August 06, 2010

Benefits of Trading

Trading one good or service for another is simple enough, but what, you may ask, are the benefits of trading anything for a single staple?  Oh … they are many!

Every person who trades with me for one of the original 100 staples received the undeniable one-time right to a single stay of not more than four days on the island. Of course scheduling must be made in advance. I mean, there are 100 staples, and if each staple represents one person, and that person stays for four full days … well, you see how in short order my island would become a very crowded paradise!

But what about all the other people who trade? What will they get?  Well, I was about to explain … there are three more categories of persons who will receive the right to stay on the island: Brokers, Closers, and Lucky Dogs.

Broker: one who connects me with someone who wants to trade with me, and which trade actually takes place. Brokers will receive an additional 18 hours and 40 minutes of time on the island for every deal the Broker brokers

Closer: one who makes the very last in the string of trades originating from a single staple. This could happen in two ways. The first way to become a Closer is if someone convinces me to trade two or more of my items (e.g., Staples #34a and #78) for a single item, which I then continue trading. The second way to become a Closer is to offer me a deal so good that I don’t need/want to trade that item for anything else.  Closers will receive the right to a stay of no more than 10 days 7 hours and 54 minutes in paradise.

Lucky Dog: one who is lucky. In the eventuality that I decide to hold a lottery, the winner(s) of said lottery will also receive the privilege of spending time in my island paradise. Eligibility will depend on participation in the One Hundred Staples project. All other details are yet to be determined.

With benefits like these, who wouldn’t want to participate?!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment